On behalf of the Advising Initiatives team, we are pleased to invite you to the following training focusing on boundaries and letting go.
Boundaries and Letting Go: For Advisors When Working with Student Mental Health Issues
Facilitated by: Kate Casey (College of Liberal Arts) and John Edmonds (College of Liberal Arts)
This workshop will facilitate discussion, reflection, and sharing experiences and resources related to setting boundaries and letting go when working with student mental health issues.
This will be an interactive virtual training using breakout rooms. Participants should come ready to discuss their experiences when working with student mental health issues.
Training topics at this session include:
- Identifying and defining boundaries
- Coping with internal and external pressures
- Preparing for boundary setting conversations with students
- Tolerating ambiguity and letting go
Hopefully after you've attended this session, you will have increased capacity to set boundaries along with reflecting on ways you are able to let go more fully.
Date: Thursday, October 14th, 2021
Time: 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Zoom Joining Instructions
- Meeting URL: https://umn.zoom.us/j/97370321508?pwd=bjRhUW90OXAxdm4vZ3AwWGZjUndHUT09
- Meeting ID: 973 7032 1508
- Passcode (if needed): 7K7sTW
Participants should confirm plans to attend using the link to the reservation form. We also encourage you to use the space designated on the RSVP form to submit your questions ahead of time.
Potential learning areas from the Core Advising Skills & Methods:
- Learn, Reflect, and Integrate New Awareness and Ideas into Advising Practices
- Build Relationships and Apply Connections
- Be Purposeful, Reflective, and Holistic