About the Academic Advising Network
The University of Minnesota Academic Advising Network (AAN) is comprised of advisors and student services professionals from across the Twin Cities campus. AAN fosters opportunities for professional growth, personal development, and community building. AAN provides a forum for discussion and the exchange of ideas and information regarding academic advising within the University community.
The AAN Board advocates for, communicates with, and empowers academic advisors and student services professionals across campus. The board facilitates opportunities that foster professional growth, personal development and community building that promotes an engaged and active advising community on campus.
We, as the AAN Board, value, encourage, and use the following as a framework in supporting the advising community on campus:
- Collaboration - promote efficient and effective working relationships with campus partners
- Diversity - provide support and initiatives that are inclusive of multiple identities and perspectives
- Professionalism - advocate for the value the advising profession brings to the campus community
- Fellowship - foster community through the development of connections, relationships, and networks
- Innovation - encourage creative thinking, discovery, and intentionality to push advising boundaries
- Accessibility - consider the needs of individuals in order to support engagement within the advising community