Advisors utilize the resources on this page to navigate students through university procedures, policies, forms, etc.
Policy & Procedure
- Academic Policy Petition Advisor Guide
- Exceptions and Waivers Grid
- Placement Test Information
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- UMN Policy Library
- Administrative Degree Clearance
- Student Group List
- Service Indicator List
- Withdrawal Checklist
- CPT/OPT Request Process
- Degree Progress Tool
- Repeated courses in APAS (bracketing)
Please share this z-link with students interested in submitting a request: z.umn.edu/OTLateWithdrawal
- If Degree Checkout Status is blank: Colleges may update a student’s EGT using the “How to” guide.
- If Degree Checkout Status is “Applied”: Undergraduates may change their EGT by submitting a "Request to Change EGT" form.
- If Degree Checkout Status is “Applied” and the student is unable to submit their own request: Advisors may complete the "Advisor Request to Change EGT" form.
- PeopleSoft guide for adjusting enrollment limits: After an advisor or other staff has contact with the student, the minimum threshold can be reduced or removed so the student can complete the drop.
- Handout for students with important considerations
To graduate from the University, a student must meet a set of liberal education requirements.
- LE (Liberal Education) Petition Guidelines
- WI (Writing Intensive) Petition Guidelines
- WI petition: Directed Study or Course Supplement Contract
Students should initiate this form in collaboration with an academic advisor.
International transfer students should initiate the electronic form on this page in collaboration with an academic advisor.
This form allows the University to release student advising record information to a third party. Click for instructions on how to process a release.
Access policies and forms related to advising: final exams, grading and transcript policy, FERPA, change of college deadlines, course repeat policy, and more!