The John Tate Professional Development Conference and Awards Ceremony encourages fellowship by bringing together faculty, administrators, professional advising staff, career counselors, and other members of the extended University community interested in academic advising. The conference is held in March of every academic year; you will receive email communications about the Tate conference in the fall. The John Tate Professional Development Conference and Awards Ceremony is sponsored by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and the AAN.
The 2018 John Tate Professional Development Conference is scheduled for:
Date: Thursday, March 8
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: McNamara Alumni Center
New this year: We are excited to offer a poster session from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. | Poster Session, Check-in, and breakfast pastries (Memorial Hall)
- 9:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. | Welcome and Keynote: Meredith McQuaid (Memorial Hall)
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. | Breakout Session I
- 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. | Awards/Luncheon (Memorial Hall)
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. | Breakout Session II
- 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. | Breakout Session III
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. | Conversation tables (Heritage Gallery)